Monday, December 6, 2010

Finals :(

My blog post this week is about how to relax and not stress before finals, which I know people are stressing. So I'm just going to start off to tell you to take a deep, slow breath. After researching the best ways to de-stress, here it is.
It tell you the top ten ways to de-stress and I think it will actually work. Instead trying to cram a semester's wroth of knowledge in one week, I think it would be better off to relax and think positive, even though cramming helps you learn a little. The mayflies in "Time Flies" had only a day to live and they enjoyed their day, why can't we enjoy life without the final stress. I know this post is really short but I'm trying to follow my advice and relax. :)


-Pavneet K.

10 comments:

  1. This is some very good advice. Next time I am going to try to follow your adive instead of freaking out before finals. Thnak you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good. But now we can focus on college acceptances rather than finals. Haha
    -Pavneet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. Whenever i begin to feel overwhelmed i start dividing work up into smaller chunks so i get it done, but also find time to relax. This also tricks my mind into thinking that i have more time to relax and i calm down. Sometimes a person just needs a breather, or needs to find things to enjoy like Tawernce's mom in "For Whom the Southern Bells Toll".

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way I destress when I'm feeling a bit of anxiety is by making To-Do lists!! I make them all the time, always with different purposes, structures, and color coordination of course. It's something I developed in ASB when I felt overwhelmed with work, but it's now become something I do in my regular classes as well. I recommend it to all other seniors. You'd be surprised how far a bit of organization can take you :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love when it comes to finals because that is the time everyone (especially my girlfriend) start to stress. Something that everyone can relate to and helpful tips.
    -Kevin P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think relaxation is key to life in general. There is no point in getting worried over something when it does you no good. The best way to approach things(finals) is to be positive. Yes, studying is essential; however I don't think worrying and cramming will do any good compared to being relaxed and focused. So, good advice!
    Andrew V

    ReplyDelete
  7. According to your top ten rules thing, it seems that one should just start studying for finals about a year before the actual class so no one ends up stressing. However, no one is likely to do that. Even though there are ways to relieve stress during finals, it is essentially inevitable; maybe if you can't handle the stress, you're taking too difficult of a load. No matter how harsh or sad this is, the phrase "If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen," always holds true.
    ~ Simon L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The word "finals" itself makes me cringe. We all hate finals and I agree relaxing is the best way to cope with it, because when we start cramming were just jumbling everything into our brains in an unorderly manner and stressing ourselves out wayyyy to much.
    Tamera A

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have found that it is so much better to learn as the semester goes instead of cramming before the test. This goes for regular tests too. Instead of ignoring that fact that the lesson is hard, get help as you need it then there is no stress in the end. It is more like reviewing and remembering than actually studying and cramming.
    Derek B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks guys and Simon all I have to say is I guess I just can't handle stress like you do. But I'm not the only one. I mean when it's time for finals, you can't help but stress even a little bit because this is the last thing that will determine grades.
    -Pavneet

    ReplyDelete